Battle Of The Bands: New & Improved Web Features
World Music Network's innovative Battle Of The Bands competition has undergone a makeover. Enjoy new easier ways to upload tracks, promote your music, listen to other entries, and vote on your favourite!
Battle Of The Bands is a competition which allows world music artists to post their best original track and submit it to public vote! Winners are announced quarterly and win:
- Inclusion on future WMN projects
- Promotional email to tens of thousands of world music fans
- Editorial space in Songlines Magazine
'World Music Network’s innovative Battle of the Bands competition ... has thrown up some remarkable artists'
Now it is even easier to enter Battle Of The Bands ...
- Upload your tracks direct from your computer or paste via SoundCloud.
- Add your own images, videos and links to your website and social media pages.
- Browse tracks chronologically or by geographical region
- Songlines magazine has been named as the media partner for the competition.
- Winner's in the competition receive editorial space in Songlines.
- Use our 'Musicians Services' and take advantage of our comprehensive press contacts and promotion services.
- Use our 'Musicians Services' to gain worldwide digital distribution.
- Sign Up! Click here to create an account.
- Upload your tracks.
- Make your entry stand out by adding interesting images, videos and text.
- Promote your entry by getting people to rate, 'like', tweet and share your track.
Let the battle commence! Win, and you could win the chance to feature on a future Rough Guide ...
Recent winners were featured on the album, The Rough Guide to Undiscovered World. An excellently eccentric Rough Guide that is a whistle-stop tour of wild world music. The music here is previously un-released and sourced direct from 'Battle Of The Bands', so you won’t hear this anywhere else, and it’s not worth missing. Enjoy everything from a trio of Romanian harmonica enthusiasts to a Zimbabwean-Brazilian jazz project, and more.
'A high-quality collection of labyrinthine fusions from tantalisingly unfamiliar artists'
BBC Music Website